We are so excited to be returning to baseball the week of June 14!
We’re working hard to ensure a safe return for all of our players and coaches. Here’s what you need to know.
- We will start our season with a maximum of 10 player training session. This is in line with the regulations set out by the Province of Ontario and Baseball Ontario. Registered players will be divided by age division into small groups for these training sessions. You will be notified by email as to your player’s scheduled practice time, date and location.
- Two training sessions of no more than 10 players per session are allowed on one baseball diamond as long as everyone stays in their own group and no players, coaches or parents participate in both events.
- For the first three weeks or so (until the Province moves to Stage 2 of the reopening plan), each player will be assigned to one practice group only.
- Due to contact tracing, it is extremely important that when you get your practice notification, you advise if you will be attending so that we have a record of which players are at each event.
- Return to play protocols do not allow the sharing of equipment, which means we will not be supply bats this year. Every player is required to bring their own helmet, glove and bat. (Catcher’s equipment is allowed to be shared once game play begins later this summer and will be fully sanitized between games.)
- Government rules do not allow for spectators, except for ONE parent/guardian for players under the age of 18.
- All social/physical distancing measures must be followed.
- Players are asked to bring a mask (for when distancing can’t be properly maintained) and their own hand sanitizer.
- If you or your player is experiencing any symptoms, please stay home.
Here are the house league practice nights for each program. If your player is playing select baseball, they will not be assigned a house league practice night. Please contact your coach for practice details:
- T-Ball (6U) – practice sessions will be either Tuesday or Thursday or Saturday
- Rookie Ball (9U) – practice sessions will be Mondays or Wednesdays
- Mosquito (11U) – Practice sessions will be Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Peewee (13U) – practice sessions will be Mondays
- Bantam (15U) – practice sessions will be Mondays
- Midget (18U) – practice sessions will be Wednesdays
If you know people that have kids that want to play we have room for more registrations before we have to close in order to set game schedules.
Thank you so much for your continued patience throughout the entire registration period.
See you on the field soon!